The theatre was originally called the Auditorium as seen here and opened in 1908. It became
the Mary Pickford in 1916 and lasted until 1947.
Another view of the theatre looking west along Queen.
The current movie showing is Rasputin and the Empress, 1932.
Mary Pickford "America's Sweetheart" was born in Toronto on University Avenue in this house located on what is now The Hospital for Sick Children.