Sunday, January 16, 2011
Back in the 1950's and 60's Toronto had quite a few Burlesque Houses where men could go to watch women take their clothes off (but not all of their clothes) The Lux was on College at the top of Bellvue.
Looking west along College.
The men are waiting...
The girls arrive...There's a good article here.
A couple of ads from 1945 for the Casino on Queen.
The Casino (outlined). By this point it had changed names to the Festival and was showing international films. Built in 1936 the Casino finally closed it's doors in 1965 band was soon demolished.