Sunday, June 3, 2012

Queen and John/Then and Now

A watercolour from 1851 looking N/E across Queen.
 Sometime in the 1980's and the two little shops have survived. Photo by P. Cummins.
A somewhat current view reveals at least one of the stores has survived .
(St Patrick's Grocery, now a BMV)
The building to the right (Angus McIntosh Groceries) survives today as East! and formerly the Beverley Tavern. The roofline tells the story.

1 comment:

  1. The store to the left of St. Patrick's Grocery used to be called 'Textile Market' and it was a wonderful place in the 70s and 80s to buy shoes and leather jackets cheap!